The Government won’t extend the due date for Huduma Namba enrollment, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i has cautioned.
The individuals who won’t have been enrolled by the due date on May 18 should liaise with their respective assistant chiefs.
Nonetheless, Matiang’i who was giving an update on the ongoing registration, stated that there is no certification that they will be enrolled as quickly as it is being done at this moment.
“At the end of the deadline, you will have to look for the assistant chiefs and hope they have time to register you because Huduma Namba will not be a priority at that time,” said the Matiang’i.
He said on Monday that at least 31 million Kenyans had been listed, representing 65 per cent of Kenya’s projected population of 47 million.
“The Government is paying each of the recruited staff Sh1,000 for every day they are at work. So if we lose or extend by even a day, it means we will spend a little more money. But as it stands, there are no plans for an extension,” said the CS.
Two more days have, however, been given to Kenyans in diaspora, where the exercise will close on May 20.