If you lose your mobile phone, you can trace it without going to the police.
Most of us always fear that our phones may be stolen at any time.
Each phone carries a unique International Mobile Equipment Identity, IMEI number, which can be used to track it anywhere in the world.
This is how it works:
1. Dial *#06# from your mobile.
2. Your mobile phone shows a unique 15 digit.
3. Note down this number at a secure place except in your mobile phone itself as this is the number which will help trace your phone in case of theft.
4. Once stolen, just E-mail this 15 digit IMEI number to firstname.lastname@example.org with details as stated below:
Last used No.:_________________
E-mail for communication:_____
IMEI No :_______________________
5.Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hours via a complex system of GPRS and internet, You will find where your hand set is being operated and the new user’s phone number will be sent to your email.
6. After this, you can inform the Police with the details you now have.
They say sharing is caring. Share this story to help a friend somewhere.